A while back I found the website the Burning House. Since then I have pondered and pondered, if my house was burning down what would I grab to take with me? It took me quite awhile to decide what I would bring, but here’s what I decided:
- Fossil Messenger Bag (containing within it at almost all moments the following: current journal, supply of Pilot G-2 pens, chapstick, tea, camera, checkbook and debit/credit cards)
- List of 100 Dreams (this took me years to compile and though it’s just one simple sheet of paper, to start over on listing 100 dreams is more daunting to me than letting this piece of paper burn)
- Leather Jacket
- Books: World’s Greatest Letters, Notes on Dostoevsky’s The Idiot, well read copy of A Severe Mercy, my small Bible, and my Jane Austen address book containing most recent addresses for my dearest friends.
- North Face running shoes
- Stack of handpicked, special letters from dear, dear friends along with past moleskins (hereafter contained in a tin container for easy grabbing).
- First piece of Polish Pottery
- Thrifted tea cup
What would you grab if you’re house was burning down?