Happy 7QT Friday!
1. I have basically been dr-dr-draggging since last weekend–I just can’t get my act together this week, in case anybloggy out there cares! And if anybody wants some wine with my whine, let me know…my pre-run diet from alcohol has come to a halt since the run.
2. Speaking of quick takes, I bought quicken this week with a small portion of Oct 1’s paycheck. Goal: stabilize on the finance end and find (and post) all the deals of living well and creatively with a budget. …
3. Which brings me to take 3: last month my mom and dad put my name in a calendar drawing and yours truly own $100 big buckaroos. What’s she gonna do with that money? Put it towards her credit card? No. Use it for groceries and bills? No. Mom’s note explicitly said, “Have fun with this!” SO I bought a ticket. A plane ticket. To visit bffl Sam over in DC. Cost of flight: $97.50. Profit for me: $2.50. Boom baby. DC, here I come, November 1-4.
4. More deals on wheels…while speaking to someone at work and taking interest in her personal life (something I tend to do with people…more than I should), I found she worked at a sewing store of some sorts and inquired about cheap sewing machines. Next thing I know she’s offering me a freeeee sewing machine…from the 19…who knows when 60s?!…that is a Singer. In working condition. Comes in a wooden traveling case. Andddd has a love note included in it from Hubby Lou to his wife “Happy Anniversary.” I think that’s another boom baby.
5. After work on Friday I plan to recluse into 24 hours of incommunicato with people outside of my apartment…why…because I’m tired. And I want to finish season 1 of Once Upon A Time. And write…and read…and try sewing without breaking the singer..
7. Yes, I skipped 6 on purpose because I have nothing else quick to say. More posts to come. Have a great Friday! What are your weekend plans?!
Thanks for hosting Jen and congrats on the pregnancy!!